Monday, March 15, 2010

Confession

I've got a confession to make. I'm a lurker! For months I have been reading other peoples food blogs and they have inspired me to create my own! It all started last summer when I came across Jenna's Eat Live Run blog. We both had applied for A Really Goode Job. I read her blog and loved her healthy mission! Every time I came off a long work trip, where eating healthy is not always easy, I would refer to her blog as a reminder of how to get back on the right foot.

My life is so chaotic and I thought I could never have a food blog. When I am at home and I have control over what I want to eat and when I can exercise, my life decisions are easy. But the chaos that makes up the majority of my life is my true story. After reading a few other blogs Oh She Glows, Healthy Tipping Point, Heather Eats Almond Butter, and Kath Eats Real Food I decided it was time to tell my true story! A busy girl who works entirely too much and travels every chance she can get, who also believes in worshiping and loving her body and giving it the healthy food and exercise it desires. This is my true story!

I hit up the grocery store today after work. I love coming home from a trip and loading up on produce! Fresh foods are always what I miss most when I'm traveling. Yes, you can get the occasional wimpy salad and find fruits such as bananas, apples and oranges that are more portable, but getting the good stuff on the go is hard!


Part I: Bananas, apples, oranges, pear, onion, parsnip, eggplant, asparagus, tofu, break, and Jalapeno tortilla chips.

For a snack I tried the Jalapeno tortilla chips with a Wholly Guacamole 100 calorie pack. The chips were really good, I just wished they were a little more spicy. For saying they had jalapeno and crushed red pepper, they were a little bit of a flop on the spicy side.



This evening I headed to the gym for an hour Pilates class. I love the instructor but she always concentrating on toning the legs! Good if it's your primary source of exercise, bad if you're training for a half marathon and really just want to focus on your core. I should know this after 1 1/2 years of her class! After the gym I did part II of the shopping trip.


Part II: tomatoes, cucumber, blueberries, sweet potatoes, spinach, prepped beans, rice vinegar, almond milk, flax seed, spinach, Wisecrackers, plain yogurt, cottage cheese, plain greek yogurt (I use it as a substitute for sour cream).

For dinner I made roasted vegetables and tofu. I'm not a vegetarian, but I enjoy finding other sources of protein for my diet.


This was actually the very first time I have prepared tofu at home! I always wanted to, but didn't know how. This recipe is a spin off of one I saw on Eat Live Run a couple months ago. It's firm tofu marinated in a mix of rice vinegar, evoo, cayenne pepper, cumin, curry powder and sesame seeds. In the veggie mix I have sweet potatoes, eggplant, parsnip, and onions. I tossed them in evoo, sprinkled with blackening seasoning and baked at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.


Topped it with a glass of wine, of course. Antioxidants. ;-)

I'm glad I finally came out of the food closet with my blog and hope I might have the possibility of inspiring other people to make healthy choices in life!

4 comments:

  1. Eat Live Run was one of the first blogs I read as well. I love Jenna, and Caitlin, and Kath, and Angela. :) All such amazing girls. :)

    Best of luck with your blog - looks like you're off to a good start. So glad you delurked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got very nostalgic reading this because I remember how scared I was when I started my blog too. I was also scared to talk to the other bloggers that I admired so much. I am glad that you decided to start your own blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the encouragement ladies! You set the bar high in the blog world and could only hope to achieve your level of success!

    ReplyDelete

Followers