Thursday, March 8, 2012

Health-ier Jalapeno Bites



This is my version of one of my favorite bar snack done light! I love jalapenos, along with anything spicy, so I wanted to create a healthier version. While these weren't the same as the deep fried version, the cheese and jalapeno was definitely a great craving fix!

Health-ier Jalapeno Bites
4 jalapeno, sliced length wise and de-seeded
1 cup cottage cheese
1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar
2 tbs Ranch salad dressing mix

Start by slicing jalapenos lengthwise and pulling out core and seeds. I always wear disposable rubber gloves when cutting jalapenos to avoid irritating my skin (and my eyes when I take my contacts out at night!). Cook in toaster over for about 15-20 minutes until tender.


Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, take 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup reduced fat cheddar, 2 tbs Ranch dressing mix and stir together. Fill jalapeno halves and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.


Then enjoy your cheesy delicious healthy snack!


Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers