Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo


I have run across this recipe on Pinterest many times. It has always looked delicious but seemed a little labor intensive for my usual quick-fix meal preference. I had some family and friends come over for dinner the other night and wanted to make a meal that would impress so I decided to give it a shot. Not only was it delectable, it turned out it was really easy to throw together. 

Roasted Red Pepper and Goat Cheese Alfredo
Adapted from Lauren's Latest

6 whole red peppers
2 tbs evoo
1 large onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream
1.5 cup parmigiana Romano cheese
10 oz goat cheese
2 tbs fresh basil, chopped
1 tsp crushed red pepper
salt and pepper
24 oz linguine pasta, cooked to package instructions, drained
(Note: I use quinoa pasta for me and regular pasta for my guests)

Begin by roasting your red peppers either over a gas stove, on the grill, or in the oven which is what I did. Set peppers aside as they are cooling and begin to saute onion and garlic in evoo over med-high heat in a heavy pot; cook until translucent. Place onion and garlic mixture with about 1/4 cup of cream in the food processor.

Once peppers have cooled, core and peel, peel and roughly chop peppers. Add them to onion mixture in food processor. Blend until desired constancy. I prefer mine to be on the chunkier side. Add contents from food processor back to heavy pot. Add in milk, then cheese, and then seasonings. Be sure temperature is not too hot so you do not scorch the sauce. Pour finished sauce over drained pasta and carefully mix. Makes 6 large servings.  

Additions: We added shrimp sauteed in a little evoo with salt and pepper on top of our pasta. 



Enjoy!

Followers