Thursday, April 29, 2010

STRESS

How do you handle STRESS? 

I'd like to think for the most part I've got a good grip on handling stress. On a day-to-day basis I would say my stress level is fairly low. Most things I am able to blow off and know that things will just work themselves out on their own. But every now and then a big storm cloud blows over my head and the floods appear - and by floods, I mean tears. Yes, it's just been one of those days where I had to let it all out. Every couple of months, I don't know if it's hormonal or what, but I just get really worked up of something that is not that big of deal but if you add this in and that in and all those other factors it just seems completely overwhelming at the moment. And even as I sit there crying knowing that I will look back on that moment in a few days and wondered why I stressed but I just had to open the tear gates and let them rip!

According to this article, here are some ways to handle stress. 
  1. Relax - Yeah, that's easy for you to say, you're not the one who's stressed! But stepping away from the situation, taking some deep breathes, cry to your mother and bitch to your best friends and you'll suddenly realize you are relaxed. 
  2. Get Some Exercise - I have been stuck in a cubicle all day but plan to hit up spin as soon as I leave here. Luckily there is only one other person in the office today so I was able to avoid any humiliation of being "the girl who cries".
  3. Take Some Vitamin C - I took my multivitamin and chugged down some kombucha. 
  4. Aromatherapy - I think what they mean by aromatherapy is to make some comfort food so your whole house smells good and load up on some wine while it cooks. That's my plan for the evening. 
Hope your day was less stressful than mine!

Now for yesterdays EATS!

Breakfast yesterday was 1/2 cup plain yogurt with strawberries and ground flax seed. I recycled my Yogurtland spoon from the other day. I love it.


Lunch I had a tuna melt, a salad, and iced.


My salad was spinach, artichoke hearts, eggplant, sweet potatoes, asparagus and Trader Joe's creamy cilantro jalapeno hummus. I really love my veggies - and I really love my hummus - but this hummus overpowered all the flavors in my salad.


 For my tuna melt I used 1.5 oz drained tuna, capers, calamata olives, a dollop of Greek yogurt, and a little bit of Dijon mustard and light mayo. Toasted it on half of a whole wheat English muffin with some light cheese.


And half passion/half green tea mix.


Back in the office I snacked on TJ's Just a Handful with almonds, cashews, and dried cranberries.


And kombucha


Dinner was a remake of last week. I used used my Tomato White Bean sauce I made last week but this time I wilted some spinach and also topped the raviolis with some cottage cheese before adding the sauce. I also had some asparagus on the side. Yummy.


It was super, super windy yesterday. The winds were 40-50 mph with 65 mph gusts! I had to go get my runners packet for Saturday and was nearly knocked on my butt several times the wind was so strong. Because it was so windy I skipped my scheduled run and grabbed some Yogurtland on the way home. Plain and Lychee that I topped with strawberries.

Hope your day is less stressful than mine!

3 comments:

  1. Hmm.. I'm pretty good with stress and I rarely even get mega stressed, it fades away in few hours :) as an assistant I'm always organised, know my schedule and tasks and this applies to my personal life too. Once an assistant, always an assistant. It all comes with my occupation ;) I'm also working with people who do have a lot of stress so I think it's good to be a person without much (even though work IS manic sometimes) stress because I can somehow calm the others when they frequently freak out :D

    It also helps that I'm VERY good at relaxing ;) but seriously I think it also has a lot to do with the fact that I'm a good sleeper. With enough good sleep everything is easier :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh I'm sorry you had a stressful day yesterday. I hope today was better. (((HUGS)))

    Honestly, I don't handle stress very well at all. I get really irritable and sometimes just downright mean. :-( Other times I just cry and cry and cry. I'm working on getting better at it though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best thing when you get that stressed is to just let the tears come. Then take a hot shower, get gussied up and go out on the town with friends.

    ReplyDelete

Followers