Friday, April 23, 2010

TGIF

Yay for Fridays! Particularly for Fridays and weekends that I don't have to work! I don't have much to say today. After being 45 and rainy here in Vegas yesterday, it's 75 and sunny once again and in the 80's this weekend. I just got my hair done, my little surgery boo boo is feeling so much better, and I'm ready for some fun this weekend. So without further ado, here are my food. My cameras was dead most of yesterday so please excuse my iPhone photos. :-)

Now for my Eats!

Yesterdays breakfast was a whole wheat english muffin with a Laughing Cow wedge and 2oz smoked salmon. 

 Snack was airplane peanuts! :-)


At lunch time it was pouring rain and I had just the cure for it.


I had bought this at Whole Foods sometime back and was waiting for a perfect cold weather day to enjoy it. It tasted like a grown up version of Cambell's Bean with Bacon soup I ate as a kid. Very yummy! I spiced it up with some sriracha and fresh ground pepper, and had some whole wheat crackers and Laughing Cow wedge on the side.


 I was still a little hungry so I snacked on the rest of the roasted veggies from the night before.



After work yesterday I hit the gym for 60 minutes of cardio on the elliptical. I feel like I'll be up for some running this weekend! :-) After the gym I snacked on some chips and salsa and my Amazing Grass-wanna-be.


For dinner I decided to cook some frozen spinach & cheese raviolis. I had bought these back before I ran my half and hadn't made them. I decided to throw together a little sauce with beans for some extra protein


Several cloves of garlic in a teaspoon of evoo, the rest of the bell peppers and tomatoes, and a can of crushed tomatoes. Simmer for 40 minutes or so.


Boil water for pasta and then add beans to sauce.


And in the end you have, TA-DA!!


I also made this salad on the side with Romain lettuce, beets, artichoke hearts and goat cheese. The dressing is a dollop of Greek yogurt, a dab of Dijon, and a big squeeze of lemon juice. Perfect!


Breakfast this am was cottage cheese with cumin. Simple.


And I had this snack on the way to get my hair done. I gotta say, I don't think I'm a fan of Larabars.


And then at 2pm when my appointment was finally over I had this for lunch. A 6' buffalo chicken from Subway, loaded with lots of veggies and topped with honey mustard. Also had a side of Baked Lays and light lemonade.


That's all, I'm off for the weekend!

What's your favorite food to grab on the go or when you are in a hurry?

6 comments:

  1. You know I've never had smoked salmon. It sort of freaks me out but I REALLY need to give it a try because I love smoked stuff and I love salmon. Go figure.

    I love to put beets on salads!

    My favorite on the go food would be a bag of chips...just kidding (sort of) ;-) actually I like hardboiled eggs, string cheese, nuts, and fruit if I'm in a big rush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to hear someone else admit that they're not crazy about Larabars! I have some at home and they just have a strange taste to me, I make myself eat them because they are so natural but I prefer Cliff Bars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beets in salad are so yummy! and your post gives me a bit hope, because it was SNOWING here today and it's nice to know that even Vegas doesn't have perfect weather all the time ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jenn - There are actually 2 types of smoked salmon. There's "lox" like I'm eating which is smoked and cured, but not fully cooked. And then there are actually filets of smokes salmon that are fully cooked. I prefer lox. But then I also prefer raw fish over cooked fish. I've love seafood and sushi, but not a big fan of cooked fish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Stephanine - Yeah, I just don't think I'm down with the Larabars even though the ingredient list is super short. I'd rather just eat a Kashi bar that has less calories to hold me over and catch a real meal as soon as possible. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog! Haha - I'll "Grab and go" any food - yeah, I'm that bad...I stand up and eat at my counter while cooking dinner...so much for being mindful...:(...anyways - never tried that Lara Bar flavor - I love the Cashew one though. (Found you through ELR by the way! - I love the title because I'm a cookie fan ;) )

    ReplyDelete

Followers