Friday, October 22, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

It's squash season. Most people seem to get excited about pumpkin, but I'm not much of a pumpkin fan. But I do love squash!


To make this dish I started by roasting a spaghetti squash. Roasting squash is super easy. Just cut it in half length wise, clean out seeds, pierce the skin a few times, and place in the oven hollow side down at 400 for about 40 mins or till tender. Spaghetti squash will fall apart easily into strings just like spaghetti when it is cooked.

I topped my squash with some sauteed onions, kalamata olives, tomatoes and feta and added some fresh basil from the garden. Delsih!

2 comments:

  1. I love spaghetti squash too..I like subbing it for the noodles in tuna noodle casseroles--healthy, but still delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What was I thinking? I did it again--looked at your blog before lunch. Now I'm really hungry. Your recipe looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Followers