Saturday, April 16, 2011

Black Beans, Roasted Veggies & Quinoa

This is a gluten free and quick alternative to black beans & rice. Of course rice is gluten free, but I prefer the light fluffy texture of quinoa plus it cooks much faster! For this simple meal I cooked the quinoa to package instructions. Then in a skillet I cooked some frozen onion and pepper mixture, and added some roasted corn. Then I rinsed and drained a can of black beans and warmed them in the skillet with the veggies. Mix the veggie, black beans and quinoa all together and add some Cumin, Chili Powder, Crushed Red Pepper and Garlic Powder to taste. Sometimes I like to top it of with a big dallop of Greek yogurt or sour cream and salsa. Today I had it just as it. Delicious, light, fluffy and full of protein.
Enjoy!

Followers