Thursday, October 6, 2011

Grilled Tofu

I have been thinking about grilled tofu ever since I saw on the Vesta Grill menu when I was in Denver earlier this summer. There was something simple about the charred seasoning of the grill adding simple flavor to tofu that just inspired me.

To begin, I started with extra firm tofu and pressed it between two plates to squeeze out any excess liquid. I sliced the tofu length wise and then cut it into strips about 1 inch thick. I then whipped up a quick marinade of soy sauce, tamari, and a little brown sugar and let the tofu soak on each side for about an hour in the fridge.

Once the tofu had a good marinade, I threw it on the grill on medium heat cooking for about 15-20 minutes on each side. The result was crisp and flavorful on the outside and warm and tender in the middle. Serve over a salad or with your favorite dinner sides. Or if you're inspired by the Vesta Grill version, serve with several of your favorite dipping sauces!

Followers