Monday, December 5, 2011

Chipotle Dark Chocolate Flourless Torte


I realize I have been MIA for the past couple weeks and I really have no excuse except other than I've been traveling lots and having fun. Having a good time is my full time job, after all!

I found this amazing recipe for Chipotle Dark Chocolate Flourless Torte and thought it would be just wrong for me not to share it with you. This stuff is amazing. Plus it also happens to be National Sacher Torte Day. And while this is not a Sacher Torte, it is a delicious torte. While I can't take credit for the recipe, I can do my part to share this amazing torte with the world [or the few people who read this blog]!

Chipotle Dark Chocolate Flourless Torte from Simply Recipes
10 oz bag dark chocolate chips - I used Ghiradelli 60% cacao chips
8 tbs butter
5 eggs, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3/4 tsp Chipotle chili powder (if you don't have Chi
dash of cayenne pepper
pinch of salt
powdered sugar for dusting

Heat oven to 350. Line a 9.5" round pan with parchment paper and spray the edges with cooking spray.

In a Pyrex or microwave safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter in the microwave stirring occasionally until smooth.

In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar and spices. Feel free to add some extra Chipotle chili powder for a little kick. If you don't have Chipotle chili powder at home then bite the $10 bullet and buy some. You can thank me later. Then slowly begin to mix in chocolate a bit at a time.

Pour mixture into pan and bake for 22-25 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Dust with powdered sugar and serve. Preferably with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.


Enjoy!

Followers