Thursday, December 8, 2011

Roasted Eggplant Pasta with Gluten Free Bread

This is one of my favorite ways to eat pasta. I love the flavor and tenderness of roasted eggplant. But the best part of this meal was definitely gluten free Italian bread from Beau Monde Bakery in Las Vegas!

Ahhhh fluffy, light, white artisan bread how I've missed you!!!

The Italian bread was full of flavor baked with rosemary and topped with sea salt. It was like a little party in my mouth. All of Beau Monde Bakery's breads and pastries are baked in a strict gluten-free kitchen! In additions to artisan breads, they offer gluten free pizza crusts, hamburger buns, coffee cakes, cheesecakes, cupcakes and more! I also got some pizza crust and can't wait to give those a try. I will definitely be back at Beau Monde for more breaded goodies soon! Now just one request - can you please make me a gluten free everything bagel?

As for the pasta it was simple, effortless and delicious. I diced an eggplant, tossed in evoo, and roasted at 375 for 20-25 minutes till tender. Once the eggplant is tender, toss it in a pot with half a jar of pasta sauce and add a healthy dose of crushed red pepper and parmesan cheese. The sauce is enough to serve two. Since I was going to carb it up with my new delicious bread, I decided to serve the sauce over shiritake noodles instead of rice pasta.


Enjoy!

Followers