Friday, July 1, 2011

Faux-fried Fish with Jalapeno Horseradish Remoulade

Since I became gluten-free, eating fried foods out is almost never an option. So when I get a craving for one of my old favorites, such as beer-battered fried fish (a double gluten whammy), I have to come up with a new version at home. Bonus is that I am able to bake at home instead of having fried food which is a lot less fat and still tons of flavors. However skipping the remoulade is not an option for me. :-)

For this meal I used swordfish and Glutino bread crumbs. Pat the fish dry with paper towel, dip in egg white, and coat in season bread crumbs. I like the taste and texture of the Glutino bread crumbs; however, once you mix some moisture such as egg into the equation it begins to clump which is how "hush puppies" showed up in the mix. Bake in oven at 375 until fish is thoroughly cooked. Highly recommended served with the Jalapeno Horseradish Remoulade.

Jalapeno Horseradish Remoulade

1/2 cup Mayo
3 tablespoon pickled Jalapenos, chopped
1 tablespoon Pickle Relish
1 teaspoon Horseradish (or more based on taste)
dash of Garlic Powder
dash of Ground Mustard
dash of Paprika

Mix all ingredients together and enjoy!


Enjoy!

Followers