Monday, July 25, 2011

Portabella Tikka Masala

Remember the gluten-free naan recipe I gave you a couple weeks ago? Well now I have the perfect pairing for an Indain delight meal. I really wanted some Tikka Masala but ever since I got sick from chicken a couple weeks back I've been eating less meat (I've never been a big meat eater to begin with) and even more vegetarian.

For this simple meal I sliced up a grilled portabello and warmed it in a skillet with 3/4 cup of Tikka Masala sauce. I loved using portabello because it's still flavorful and thick in texture. I found the sauce at Fresh and Easy but I've also seen jarred Masala sauce at Trader Joe's and Target. I served my Portabella Tikka Masala with sauteed spinach and a piece of garlic naan that I had previously made and frozen. Quick and easy meal in less than 10 minutes.


Enjoy!

Followers