Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GF Overnight Oats



I might be the last food blogger in the world to get into overnight oats and I promise not to start posting daily bowls of oatmeal. I have never been an oatmeal fan. In fact, I'm not really even a breakfast fan unless it's this or this. Even in the mornings I like spicy and salt and usually avoid anything sweet. It's not uncommon for me to eat last night's leftover for breakfast and as long as your eating healthy and getting all your nutirents, I see nothing wrong with Roasted Veggie Enchiladas for your morning meal. But everynow and then I do have a sweet tooth and for todays breakfast I present gluten-free overnight oats.

For this simple recipe I used 1/3 cup Bob's Old Fashion Rolled Oats, 1/3 soy milk, 1 tablespoon chia seeds, and 2 tablespoons Chocolate PB2. Mix together these 4 ingredients and then add half a banana cut into slices. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add sliced strawberries and you have your breakfast ready to go! I like the chilled oatmeal in the summer and it kind of reminds me of eating cookies. or maybe cookie dough.


Followers