Monday, September 26, 2011

Simple 5-Minute Pad Thai

My meals are usually quick and effortless but this week I'm putting a special focus on 5-Minute Meals. These are truly meals you can make simple and fast that also happen to be healthy and nutritious.

For this Five Minute Pad Thai I used precooked turkey breast, shiritaki noodles, and San-J Peanut Sauce. Any peanut sauce will work but I chose San-J because it is gluten-free. I've seen similar versions at Fresh & Easy or Trader Joe's. You could also use rice or spaghetti noodles - I went with shiritaki to keep it low calorie.

Rinse shiritaki noodles and let them drain. Heat a frying pan on stove top and coat with cooking spray. Toss in 3 oz of precooked turkey (or chicken or shrimp) and heat for 2 minutes. Add 1/4 cup of peanut sauce and noodles to pan. Cook for another 2 minutes. Add fresh bean sprouts and green onions or any veggies you prefer. Serve Pad Thai topped with chopped peanuts.

Enjoy!

Followers