Monday, May 16, 2011

Black Bean Boats



I absolutely loved these black bean salad boats! The black bean mixture was delicious. I also used it as a topping for tacos and my eggs the next morning. This recipe is a winner!

Black Bean Salad Boats from She Wears Many Hats

15 oz. can black beans, drained
1 medium tomato, diced
1 avocado, diced
2 tablespoons red/purple onion, finely minced
1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
4 pieces bacon, cooked, crumbled
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
Juice from 1/2 lime
Salt and Pepper to taste
6-8 romaine heart leaves

1. Mix ingredients for bean salad together.
2. Fill romaine heart “boats” with bean salad.
3. Refrigerate until ready to serve.


Preparation time: 10 minute(s)


Number of servings (yield): 4


I modified the recipe slightly by using a chipotle flavored mayo, adding jalapeno and green onion, and putting the bacon on the side so I could share them with my vegetarian sister.







Enjoy!

Followers