Wednesday, June 1, 2011

{Gluten Free} Breakfast Sandwich


I have been traveling lots the past couple months - mostly work, but a little bit of fun, which kinda explains my lack of blog posting lately. I'm finally back home with only a few short trips worked into the summer which feels nice.

First thing I loaded up on upon getting home is vegetables! You just never seem to get enough fresh ones while on-the-go. I think my grocery trip was all produce and included lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, onion, avocado, artichokes, carrots, celery, mushrooms and a cantaloupe. The non-produce selection consisted of Greek yogurt, frozen shrimp, cheese, and pasta sauce. What can I say, I'm a veggie lover!

I also whipped up this little gluten free breakfast sandwich. I use to love Egg McMuffins when I was traveling. For being fast food they are relatively healthy. But now that I can no longer have gluten, Egg McMuffins are off my go to list when traveling. Luckily for me breakfast sandwiches made at home are even better than the drive through.

For this sandwich I used a toasted Glutino English Muffin, 1 egg + 1 egg white, melted cheese, and slightly seared prosciutto. Delicious!







Enjoy!

Followers