Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Simple Breakfast Potatoes

I have some really great recipes and photos I am really excited to share with you right now, but I've lost the cord to my camera so they're temporarily on hold. But here is a simple favorite of mine to hold you over until I can get my pictures uploaded.

I'm not a big breakfast person but on the weekends I sometimes enjoy breakfast on the patio with a cup of tea. I don't like a lot of sweets but I love potatoes. Add some onion, garlic and hot sauce and I'm a happy girl. These potatoes are super easy to make and only takes a couple minutes to prepare.

Take one large russet potato, scrub it well, and pierce with a fork. Place in microwave for 5 minutes remembering to turn it over half way. While potato is cooking chop up 1/4 of an onion and 2 cloves garlic and brown in a frying pan with some cooking spray. When potato is done in microwave, chop into chunks with skin on. Add a little more cooking spray to pan and mix potato with onion and garlic. Cook for about a minute till slightly brown and potato pick up flavors. Serve with a healthy dose of hot sauce or sriracha. Enjoy on your next morning off!

Followers