Thursday, August 11, 2011

Grilled Salmon, Fresh Corn and Green Goddess Dressing

What goes perfect with crisp arugula, fresh garden tomatoes, sweet corn cut of the cob, and a juicy piece of grilled wild Alaskan salmon?

Why Gluten-free Green Goddess Dressing, of course!

My mom sent me this recipe a while back and I finally got around to making some. Dare I say it might be the new Mmmm Sauce - I want to put it on just about everything. I hope I don't ruin Green Goddess dressing for anyone, but I just have to say, any food that contains anchovies and capers is amazing in my book!

Gluten-Free Green Goddess Dressing from drgourmet.com

1 oz canned anchovy fillets, drained
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 TBS fresh lemon juice
2 TBS white wine vinegar
1/4 tsp dried tarragon
3 TBS tops of green onions, sliced
3 TBS fresh parsley leaves, minced
1 tsp capers
1/4 cup non-fat sour cream or Greek yogurt
1 cup non-fat mayo

Drain anchovies and pat dry with paper towel. One ounce is about half a tin, but I like anchovies a lot so I used the whole two ounce tin. Whirl all ingredients, except the mayo, in the blender until smooth. Add the mayo and whirl on low. Chill before serving!








Followers