Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Argentinian Red Shrimp


I was checking out at Trader Joe's the other day and they cashier and the lady behind me were going on and on about these Argentinian Red Shrimp. They were saying how they have the taste and texture of lobster but that they're a seasonal item and not always available. I was sold. I quickly ran to the freezer isle and added a bag to my order.

Verdict? They're pretty awesome! Easy to cook up with lots of different uses. I recently added them to a dish of mac n' cheese as some wanna be lobster mac n' cheese. I'm thinking about giving them a spin in some seafood enchiladas real soon, as well.

My favorite way to eat them has been in a tomato sauce served over pasta. Simple and easy. Sautee some onions, red peppers, and garlic in a little oil and then toss in the shrimp. These Argentinian shrimp are naturally pink but when they are fully cooked they'll go from being slightly translucent to solid and will curl up. Once shrimp are cooked, add sauce, combine and serve over your favorite pasta. Quick, easy and sure to please!

Enjoy!
Pin It

Followers