Wednesday, May 19, 2010

SFO --> DEN


I'm at the airport waiting for my flight to Denver for part II of my work trip. This has been a quick week in San Fran. Lots of work, a good amount of shopping, a little bit of partying, and even less sleep.







My client provided us with meals this week so my lunches were of the badly catered sort. It's hard to turn down free food when you can pocket your per diem but my meals were nothing to write about. The selections looked something like this: salad, roast beef, and mashed potatoes.







Asian food day included oriental salad, beef skewer, chicken, veggie lo-mein, and egg rolls.







I tried to load up on salad everyday since it was the only fresh veggies they had and the most appetizing. I prefer a soup, salad, and sandwich type spread to entree style lunches but - free food is free food!

I actually saved a good amount of my per diem this week by not eating out. Most nights I got take out to eat at the hotel. Green curry with chicken, basil, bambo shoots, and green beans.









I go out for sushi and sake last night but it was happy hour! Talk about saving $!!!

For lunch today I decided to pass on the convention centers culinary delights and check out a sandwich place I'd heard awesome things about. I headed to The Sentinle on New Montgomery and Stevenson St. I got a roast beef sandwich with horseradish cream cheese. No pics, I was too hungry. :-) Pretty fabulous tho! I also followed it up with the perfect San Francisco treat - Kara's Cupcakes. My client brought me this chocolate cupcake with caramel filling and topped with sea salt. Deliciously divine!




While I'm waiting for my flight I had this roasted veggie sandwich. Pretty good for airport food. Roasted eggplant, zucchini, summer squash and onion topped with warm feta. Yummy!







I'm off for now! Bye bye San Fran!







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Free food is free food, when I'm at work and get to have free food I never turn it down except if it's something I Really can't eat :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love takeout! love the view too

    ReplyDelete

Followers