Monday, May 3, 2010

Race for the Cure Recap

I finished the Race for the Cure 5k on Saturday am. This was definitely the largest race I have run. Over 10,000 people. It was kind of a pain in the butt for only a 3 mile race. I decided next time I get up for a race at 6:00 am it had better be longer than 3 miles. :-)

Friday nights pre-race fuel: Indian from a box. It was yummy.



On the way there I had some wanna be Amazing Grass. I also brought along this very brown banana but I didn't end up eating it.

Before





After


I had a yogurt and 2 of these sliders.


When I got home I snacked on 2 of these artichokes and a veggie burger.




And a little later I had some cottage cheese with cumin.


In the afternoon I went out to Red Rock to go camping with my sister. I snacked on this Pirate's Booty on my drive.


Upon my arrival my sister had this beautiful spread on the table. Two Buck Chuck and guacamole! Clearly the guacamole obsession runs in the family. :-)




Later that night we built a big fire and reheated fajitas in tinfoil over the coals. It was too dark for pictures but it was yummy. I had a fun time camping out even though I had to be back in the city and at work 8:00 am Sunday. Boo work! While at work I snacked on this.



I forgot to take pictures yesterday. Lunch was a prosciutto and fresh mozzarella sandwich with a side caesar salad. Dinner was leftover Indian from Friday night. I also made some kale chips and I think I ate a few too many because my belly hurt!


Back at work this morning they had a nice setup for us. I was super excited that they included a sugar-free syrup for our coffee.


It's going to be hard to resist temptations this week because look at our afternoon spread.


I had about 1/3 of a cookie and a bite of a brownie. I couldn't resist. I also brought the remaining Pirate Booty from my camping trip in so I snacked on that too. No popcorn though. I need to try and avoid the snacks this week!

Lunch I had ceviche. Love this stuff! I also had some chips and salsa.


This was so yummy!!!!

After work I went for a 3 mile run. Then I came home and had some more leftovers. I had an artichoke and leftover pot roast.


I'm off to bed now! I have another long day tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! love the picnic :) 3 miles sounds A LOT to me, who has never ran anywhere, maybe someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three miles IS a long run for most of us! I'm glad you were able to get together with Stacey and friends to enjoy the desert.

    ReplyDelete

Followers