Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast

I was whisked away on Black Friday to beautiful, sunny and cold Chicago for work, but I didn't want to leave you all without some pictures of my amazing Thanksgiving feast. Compliments to my host & hostess Russ and Sarah for sharing their home and holiday!


My plate - I was sure to try a little bit of everything!


My contributions to the spread were Cranberry & Goat Cheese Puff Pastries and Spiked Poinsettia Punch.


Cranberry & Goat Cheese Puff Pastries


1 log of Cranberry Crusted Goat Cheese
1 sheet of premade Puff Pastry
(I found both these items at Trader Joe's)

Cut puff pastry sheet in 1.5" squares, place in small muffin tin, and top with cranberry goat cheese. Bake at 400 for 15 mins or until puff pastry becomes golden.

These were super easy and everyone loved them! If you can't find cranberry goat cheese you can always use regular goat cheese and top the pastry with a little cranberry sauce. This recipe would also be great with brie. 


Spiked Poinsettia Punch


1 liter Absolut Mandrin
1/2 litter Triple Sec
5 bottles of Champagne
1 bottle of Cranberry Cocktail

This punch was also super easy and was a huge hit! Everyone love the bubbly, crisp flavor the wasn't too sweet. Our punch had quite a kick to it - if you don't want the punch as strong, double the cranberry juice.

Hope you all had a fabulous holiday as well! What was your favorite Thanksgiving Treat?

3 comments:

  1. WOW those look really good. That would be a perfect thing to make for a party or something! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cranberry and goat cheese puff pastries look delicious!! I am going to make these!
    I am so glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a feast!

    Glad you had a lovely Thanksgiving :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers