Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Corn Chowder

Corn Chowder. Mmmmmm!


Corn Chowder


3 tbs. Butter
1 Onion, chopped
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
3 large Carrots
3 cups Sweet Potatoes, peeled and diced
2 cups frozen Corn (I used a roasted version from Trader Joe's)
Milk
Pepper
Hot Sauce

Melt butter in a stock pot, saute onions and garlic. Add carrots and sweet potatoes. Cover veggies with milk, apprx. 3 cups and simmer until potatoes are soft. Keep the heat low and keep an eye on the pot to make sure milk does not scold. Once potatoes and carrots are soft, add frozen corn and cook an additional 5 minutes. Add crushed black pepper and hot sauce to taste.

1 comment:

  1. OH my gosh I've been CRAVING corn chowder. (I tried the V8 box stuff and it wasn't bad... but def not like homemade soup!) I can't wait to try this!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers