Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Crash and Burn

Crash and Burn indeed. Along with my stressful work adventures last week, my hard drive crashed and burned.

I was blissfully listening to iTunes when suddenly my computer froze up. I wasn't alarmed at first and simple rebooted my MacBook only to find a folder flashing with a question mark.


In my mind I knew it couldn't be good, but with hopeful spirits called my guru brother.

His response, "Oh, that's not good!"

In deed it wasn't. All my music, all my photos, all my files were gone.

Apple replace my hard drive for free which was awesome considering my warranty expired in 2008, however, nothing on my hard drive was salvageable. I had about 90% of my music backed up, but only about 20% of my photos. So much lose.

Back up your files. Do it now I tell you. Seriously. Right now while you are thinking about it.

Food wise you haven't missed much the past 2 weeks. I've been eating this literally just about everyday.


Cottage cheese, tomato and hot sauce, with the option of fresh avocado for some filling, healthy fat. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks. I just can't get enough.


It's even portable for breakfast, lunch and dinners on the go!


Try it! It's light, fresh and delicious.

Cottage Cheese on Foodista

4 comments:

  1. Almost every time I try to comment on your site they disappear after I hit post comment. Maybe they are going to you for approval?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No that one just went.

    What I said before was I'm so sorry about your hard drive. That's terrible but it sounds like you have a good attitude about it. I'm going to talk to my husband now about backing up ours. I would be devastated to lose pics of our kiddos.

    Apple rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right... my comments don't work! Grr!

    I thought I had all my photos backed up but, alas, I don't. I do have some on my work computer, some on facebook and some on picasa though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I'm so sorry for your hard drive loss! I almost experienced that few years ago when my computer started acting up. I postponed buying a new hard drive but eventually managed to buy one. A month later my computer crashed totally. HUH! lucky escape :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers