Friday, July 30, 2010

Summer Salads

Summer is all about salads, right?



The key to eating and enjoying salads is keeping it unique and switching it up. No one likes routine in eating. Well, I do, but only for about a solid week and then I crave something different. If you think that salads are LTO (lettuce, tomato, onion) then you have some adventures to embark on! 

For tonight's rabbit treat I started with a bed of bitter, crisp arugula. I then topped it with some chopped potatoes, blanched green beans, heirloom tomatoes, capers and topped it with some fresh avocado. For a dressing I mixed Dill Dijon Aioli with a little vinegar and lemon juice.  Try mixing up your veggies and you'll find salads make the perfect meal all summer long!


3 comments:

  1. That's the one good thing about salads--they are so versatile and easy to add and subtract ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer is all about salads! I love it that you put potatoes into it, I must try that. Makes the salad a lot more filling :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers