Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Peanut Butter Crack


Crunchy, peanut buttery, chocolatey, toffee, salty....

Christmas Peanut Butter Crack!


When I saw these on PreventionRD's blog, I knew I had to give them a try. Nicole has been baking up a storm this holiday season and her taste buds are right up my alley. The best part about this treat is that it's so easy!!! In under 20 minutes of preparation time (plus some time to cool and harden), you can have an amazing sweet treat that will wow people's taste buds!

I added my own secret ingredient. PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter


My PB2 I had ordered a couple of days ago arrived in the mail and I could not wait to try it out. When I first saw PB2 I knew I had to try it. Whole roasted dehydrated peanuts with 85% of the oil and fat removed. No Chemicals. No artificial sweeteners. Just your favorite peanut flavor with less fat!

Test one: Dip dry spoon in dry powder = Taste like peanut butter!

Test two: Take 2 tbs of PB2 and mix with 1tbs of water and mix until smooth = Taste like peanut butter!!

Test three: Add PB2 to treats = Taste like Christmas Bark on Peanut Butter!!!

I can't wait to try out more things with my PB2! This stuff is great! I'm thinking Thai for my next PB2 experiment!

Now back to my schedule crunchy, peanut buttery, chocolatey, toffee, salty goodness...


Christmas Peanut Butter Crack Bark adapted from PreventionRD and her salon owner.

1.5 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 cup unsalted butter (because more butter is better, right??)



2/3 cup brown sugar
6 tbs PB2
1/2 tsp baking soda
12 oz. bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
3 Tbsp chocolate sprinkles

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375° F.
Line a cookie sheet with tin foil. Lay saltines on the bottom of the pan, sides touching, in one big rectangle. Note: I have a very large cookie sheet, about 14" x 17" from William-Sonoma. Most cookie sheets are smaller in size. 
In a sauce pan, melt butter and brown sugar until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and add baking soda and PB2. Mixture will get frothy. Spread the butter mixture over the saltines. 

Bake for 8 minutes. Keep an eye on your Crack, err, bark because it can burn. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Return the cookie sheet to the oven for 1 minutes or until chips are melted.  Use spatula to smooth chocolate over the surface of the crackers. Top with sprinkles or decoration of your choice. I also suggest slivered almonds, hazelnuts, candy bars, or any taste of your choice!
Note: You can make this recipe without PB2, but in my opinion, PB2 just makes it that much better!

Enjoy!
For any of you who may have noticed I've been photographing on an iron board, the pictures don't lie. I have in fact not been eating at a table. My dining room table is currently full with a new and exciting project which will soon be unveiled and will be an amazing giveaway for you! Stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Ever since I saw her blog post on these I have wanted to make them. They look so good! I thought about pb as well. These look great!!
    Hope you have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Followers