Monday, December 13, 2010

What's for Dinner?

You know that feeling, the I have nothing to eat at the house. Yeah, that feeling. Well it's time to open your freezer and cabinets and be creative! You'd be surprised at the meals you can make.


With some whole wheat pasta from the cabinet, tomato sauce from the freezer, and some quickly aging tomatoes, spinach, mushrooms, and onion from the fridge, I put together this delicious meal in less than 20 minutes! I like pasta, but I like it even more when it's packed with veggies!

To make this quick meal start by boiling water and cooking pasta to package directions. While you are waiting for the water to boil, chop up your mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and saute with the spinach with a dribble of white wine. While your veggies cook defrost your sauce in the freezer. Once defrosted add to your veggies and heat until warm. Then take your delicious *almost* homemade sauce and top it over your pasta. Garnish with fresh grated parmesan.


Enjoy! And you thought you had nothing to eat! 

What was your last great meal you made with limited supplies on hand?

3 comments:

  1. What's like what I did tonight! I was digging around looking to see what I had and I ended up throwing together peas, corn, some cherry tomatoes, and a little red potato into some vegetable broth. I let it cook while I was in the shower, and when I came out, it was done! It actually turned out to be perfect for the cold evening :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd have never known you just whipped that together with what was on hand...it looks restaurant-worthy!! YUM! I love making stir fry with random ingredients, but it doesn't happen often. I am such a menu planner, it's scary!

    ReplyDelete

Followers