Thursday, June 10, 2010

Found It!

It was plugged in my kitchen right where I left it a month ago. Totally normal place to keep a camera charger, right?! Here's my deliciously filling lunch who should have made a debut earlier.


This bad boy was super quick and easy and extremely filling. First I steamed a bed of spinach and place on the bottom of the bowl. I then added a big scoop of cottage cheese and added 2/3 cup whole wheat pasta on top. For the sauce I heated some roasted eggplant with marinara and added capers and kalmata olives to make a tasty puttanesca sauce. Dumped the sauce over the noodles, added more cheese, mix, and YUM! I actually wasn't even able to finish all the pasta!


Adding lots of veggies to your pasta is a great way to fill up on less carbs. And adding cottage cheese may seem a little odd to some, but cottage cheese is just like ricotta's brother, except lower fat. It actually melts and gets really creamy and delicious in pasta plus adds a big punch of protein. I highly recommend it!

Cottage Cheese on Foodista

11 comments:

  1. Maybe we're related somehow, way back in our family trees, at least that would be a good explanation why I love everything that you cook. I'm a big pasta fan, but try to eat little pasta with lots of veggies too, or else I just put on weight.
    Love cottage cheese too for its very high amount of protein, but haven't tried to put it in pasta yet. Interesting idea. Must try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Maya - I usually don't eat a lot of pasta either, it's just been easy and convenient this week! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good thing you found the camera charger, your photos look delicious.I came here from the foodie blog roll and if you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to find it! I always spend time trying to figure out why things aren't working and realize they aren't plugged in... we all have our moments
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! I love cottage cheese with tomato sauce and kidney beans. It was my go-to when I used to run more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds and looks delicious! I would never think to add cottage cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hhahahaha my camera charger is in the kitchen too...strange? This looks delicious! I'm loving the Fusilli too...it holds sauce/ veggies best! I love pasta because it is so versatile. Even with veggies and cheese you can make a hearty winter meal or a refreshing summer meal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE cottage cheese in place of the ricotta as well.
    the first time it was an accident (ok more that I was disorganized and forgot the ricotta on the store shelf) and didnt even realize it was a "substitution" people make.

    now I always use it.

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is looking AWESOME right about now. I can never turn down pasta, it's in the italian handbook! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of cottage cheese in pasta...and it looks WONDERFUL! I adore spinach in pasta...cooked spinach is a love of mine :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers