Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Veggie Lover

There's something about summer that just makes me crave vegetables. Okay, maybe I just about always crave veggies, but summer puts me in the veggie mood even more. Everything is fresh and my body just craves the extra hydration on hot summer days. Here's how I've been keeping my body plump and from shivering up in this heat wave.

Here are some of my cool summer EATS!

Heirloom tomatoes with low fat feta, basil and balsamic make the perfect afternoon snack.


I've been eating mainly vegetarian the past week, by my body had a mega Omega-3 craving last night. Caesar salad with anchovies and wild Alaskan salmon.


And one of my favorite combos of all time, roasted veggies & goat cheese. This is a baguette with toasted goat cheese, grilled eggplant & zucchini and topped with avocado.


What are some of your favorite summertime foods?

5 comments:

  1. Summertime foods? all things you can prepare in a grill :D

    Yay for low fat feta! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness I love your blog! Such yummy food! Love those heirloom tomatoes. My favorite summer food is definitely fresh fruit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am exactly the same way about veggies in the summer. And oh my God you are so right that roasted veggies and goat cheese are the best combo ever. And tomato and basil, mmmmm. In the summer I also like grilled peaches and a little bit of vanilla ice cream; pasta with roasted tomatoes and anything; bean salad with fresh herbs... why can't it always be summer?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mummm fetaaaa <3 I crave watermelon like no other in the summer :)! It is sooo delightful and juicy :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer makes me want to eat more veggies than usual too. I love good heirloom tomatoes. Add feta, basil, and balsamic..divine!

    ReplyDelete

Followers