Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Since I've Been Gone

When I returned home from my trip out of town, I had hoped to returned to vines full of tomatoes like the previous week. Sadly I returned home to a much depressing sight.


My poor plant had dried up while I was away! I have it on an automatic sprinkling system so I'm not sure if there was an error and it didn't get watered or if it was just too hot here in Vegas. Either way, look at all these sad tomatoes.


I did have two survivors though!


And with these tomatoes went into so tacos! I made fish tacos using some frozen ahi tuna I'd defrosted. I'm moving at the end of the week, so I'm trying to use up a lot of what's in my freezer. I marinated the tuna in lime juice with cumin and chili pepper then sauteed it with some cooking spray in a frying pan. Placed the tuna inside two corn tortillas with some pico de gallo, cojita cheese, and fresh avocado. Yum!

3 comments:

  1. Yum, tacos! I've been wanting to make those lately, now I have some inspiration to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least a few tomatoes were still hanging in there! I don't have a green thumb, so I never even attempt gardening haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those tacos are beautiful. I never think to buy cojita cheese and I should! It's so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Followers