Monday, July 12, 2010

Clam Bake!

I've been on blogging hiatus. Partly due to another week of work travel and partly due to laziness upon my return. This week I'm moving, but I'll try to stay more up to date this time.

Yesterday I went to a clam bake. I may be 280 miles to the nearest beach, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy an afternoon seafood fest. While it was not a true "clam bake" as clams were actually boiled Maryland style with Old Bay, red potatoes and corn on the cob, I was the only one who seemed to know the difference. Am I the only person in Vegas who's been to a true legit clam bake? Apparently so. Regardless I had great company and the food was quite tasty too.

6 comments:

  1. there was a segment on the Today Show this morning with Martha Stewart - she showed how to do a clam bake at home, even if you're not at the beach! How funny that you went to one yesterday, not at the beach. Looks like a great time!

    Good luck moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to a clam bake! I've always wanted to though. Looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like fun! I've never been to a clam bake, but I always wanted to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looove seafood. Unfortunately, Minnesota has no fresh seafood, so when I travel to either of the coasts I get well over my share of it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds SO fun! I haven't had one of those great seafood bakes in ages, and they are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun!!! I love Old Bay seasoning. Esp on hardboiled eggs! :-)

    I might come out to Vegas later this year for a taekwondo tournament. If I do we'll have to meet up!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers