Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Summer Nicoise Salad

I have really been craving a Nicoise salad lately. Fresh summer veggies have been on my mind. Sadly after arming myself with all supplies (including a bottle of sauvignon blanc), I left the grocery store without any lettuce!! What was I thinking?!! I decided to go forward with my Nicoise salad plans - sans lettuce. It was amazing! Took me on a mini France vacay in my box filled-cluttered-mover's paradise apartment. These pictures do my mini vacay meal no justice.


This salad had chopped red potatoes and green beans - both cooked in the microwave (still no gas) and then chilled, tomatoes, kalamata olives, lots and lots of capers and tuna. I topped it off dill Dijon dressing I made out of this.


It was, simply put, AMAZING!

3 comments:

  1. I've actually never had a nicoise salad before...I'm planning to incorporate the basic ideas into another dish, though. Hee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great! Way to go again with no microwave! I'm so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaaaah, I had this in France and yours looks equally good as mine did there - even without the lettuce :D

    ReplyDelete

Followers