Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Getting serious about summer!

With yesterdays weigh in and all the nice weather lately (everywhere but Vegas it seems...), it makes me realize that bikini season is right around the corner! Now I don't have an unreal expectation of my body, we've been friends for the past 30 years and I know that no amount of dieting and exercise will ever make me look like Gisele Bundchen. But there are little improvements I can make and a little toning here and there that will increase my confidence this pool season.

So today kicks off Operation [Real Women] Bikini Bod! I've got  a friend on board and together we plan to keep each other motivated! Now I already have a few road blocks right in front me. 1. I'm having minor surgery today and will have a few stitches and have been advised to avoid a lot of movement for the next 7-10 days until the stitches come out. 2. I'm traveling for 8 days next week which involves lots of eating on the go and not a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. However, I'm motivated and going to work through these challenges! And I'm happy to report my weight scare from yesterday is under control. :-)

 Now for my eats! 

Breakfast yesterday was deviled eggs. I took 2 eggs and mixed the yolk with a dollop of Greek yogurt, a dab of Dijon mustard and mixed it together. I topped them with hot sauce since I was lacking paprika. :-) Since I'm watching the L.B.S. the next few weeks and tracking my food I'll include my calorie intake.

200 calories, 15g fat, 3g carb, 14g protein

I also had a side of pineapple.

82 calories, 0g fat, 22g carb, 1 protein

For lunch I came home to grab some leftover yellow curry and munched on this Vegan cookie on the way back to work.

140 calories, 7g fat, 19 carb, 1 protein

Lunch was the yellow curry from last Friday before my big race. It had potatoes, carrots, onions, and 5 large shrimp served over 2/3 c. brown rice with the yellow curry sauce.

447 calories, 12g fat, 66g carb, 20g protein

Since I had no soreness left from my half marathon, I figured I was ready for an afternoon run. I headed out to the park after work and made it about 2 miles (210 calories burned) before my muscles started screaming! So I slowed my paced and speed walked for another 3 miles (180 calories burned). When I got home I was craving pizza! So I threw together these little pita pizzas. One had onions, mushrooms, and olives, while the other one just had pineapple, and then I topped them both with cheese.


While I was waiting for my pizzas to toast I had this salad. One cup of spinach topped with onions, roasted veggies- sweet potatoes, eggplant, and asparagus, 6 bean medley, and 1/4 avocado with Goddess dressing.

289 calories, 20g fat, 23g carb, 6g protein

When the pizzas were finished they looked like this. Yum. They hit the spot and satisfied my pizza craving. Although I'm feeling I might be having the same thing for dinner again tonight! :-)

398 calories, 17g fat, 46g carb, 19g protein

After dinner I had another cookie and a glass of soy milk. Good news - there are only 2 of these cookies left in the house! I don't have much of a sweet tooth but these cookies are awesome! They're Vegan Oatmeal Chocolate Chip from Trader Joe's and they have coconut in them and are so soft and chewy. Yum! So I find it's best for me just not to keep sweet stuff in the house and then I don't crave it.

 
200 calories, 9g fat, 26g carb, 5g protein

Day Total: 1756 calories, 80g fat, 26g carb, 66g protein - minus 390 calories burned exercise = Net 1,366 calories

What types of food do you get cravings for? Are there any foods you don't keep in the house to avoid the munchies?


6 comments:

  1. Nuts. I'm nuts, about nuts. I cannot ever keep my hands off them. Paticularly cashews and almonds and pistachios. Ooh-er.

    Best of luck with the surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the devil egg recipe.....genious!!! All you eats look delicious!

    -emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really can choose one food which I would crave more than something else :D

    Your pizzas look so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. .. I mean to write that I really CAN'T choose just one food :D

    It's way too early for me to write correct english :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope surgery goes okay; even minor ones are big deals in our lives. you're prettier than Giselle anyway- no comparisons. getting serious for summer is a great motivation for me (if only I could get paid to workout- ideal job in a nutshell)
    Best,
    Katherine
    whataboutsummer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Katherine! Surgery wasn't bad, but now it just feels like a lobster is pinching on the spot they cut off! It's almost more annoying than painful!

    ReplyDelete

Followers