Friday, April 16, 2010

San Diego

A whole week and no blog! Tsk tsk! You can shake a stick at me but, what can I say, I've had a action packed, fun-filled, exciting week! I was actually at home last weekend but without internet and figured I'd update Monday once I got to San Diego but the week has been filled with lots of fun along with lots of work, very little sleep and having a besttie in town. So here's a quick briefing of my week.

I had this as a snack at the airport. I got a lot of weird looks. :-)


My flight was delayed for an hour so I ended up getting this as well. An everything bagel with low-fat veggie spread and  diet Snapple.


Breakfast this week has usually looked something like this... There have been many, many Skinny Vanilla Lattes this week!


Unless it was this mornings, in which case, breakfast looked like this. :-)


Lunches have been a bit of everything. We has Tin Fish one day. Grilled salmon and swordfish tacos. Yum!


There has also been a turkey, bacon, avocado and jack sandwich from the Cheese Shop, a corn dog and yesterdays Thai Chicken salad. I'm not sure what part of this salad exactly was "Thai", but it was good!


Evenings have been jam packed with lots of cocktails. One of my best friends came down from LA so we were out late every night!


We had many skinny margaritas (tequila, soda, and fresh lime juice) and we snacked on these: Chips & guacamole and shared a Surf & Turf burrito at La Puerta.


Following night we had pre-Padres cocktails rooftop at the Marriott.


 Then we actually headed over to the game.


We had these snacks while at the game; peanuts, super nachos, and beer (of course)!


As I've said before, I'll never say everything I eat is 100% healthy. I'm a real person and just try to balance and find moderation in my life. Nachos and beer are basically necessities at ball games. ;-)

To balance out my poorer choices of the week last night I made this delicious salad and headed back to my hotel room early for some much needed sleep.


My salad had a bed of lettuce, green peas, onions, and was topped with several different things. It had some tabouli, fresh tomato & mozzarella,  shrimp & peanut pasta, dill-orzo salad, and marinated cucumbers & feta. This was a delicious $15 salad until about 20 minutes after I finished it and got sick and everything came up. :-( Not sure what it was, but something didn't agree with my tummy.

Anyway, after an action packed week, I finally caught up and got 13 hours of sleep last night! Now I'm headed back over to the convention center for work! Hope you haven't missed me too much while I was gone!

1 comment:

  1. Great to have you back and it seems you had a wonderful time and GREAT eats :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers