Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Making A List

So I've noticed I've been rather unproductive lately. Since I've started blogging I've notice it's much easier to fill up my days and keep me entertained with reading, writing and commenting blogs; however, what I've also noticed is a decline in keeping up with the rest of my life. All those mindless tasks that I use to say "I'll take care of that tomorrow" have traveled off into the deep dark spaces of my mind, whereas food, health, exercise and mainly food have filled up most of the functioning parts of my brain. :-)

So today I put so deep thought into how I would rectify this situation and I came up with the amazing idea! I will create a list of things I need to do and I will call it - A To-Do List! I will write down all the little tasks I need to do like clean out my inbox, return emails, make phone calls, organize photos, open my snail mail, etc. Friends, I have a feeling this To-Do list will change the world as we know it! Man, I am so happy I invented To-Do list so I could save the productivity of mankind.

How do you keep up with all of your "To-Do" tasks? Are you a list maker?

News Alert! If you have not seen Food Inc yet, which I highly, highly recommend you watch this movie like 5 times, you can watch it FREE on PBS through tonight at midnight!Be sure to check this movie out!

Now for yesterdays EATS!

Subway had free breakfast yesterday and who turns down free breakfast? They said this was a whole wheat English muffin but it doesn't look or taste quite like my Trader Joe ones. Topped with egg whites, a slice of Black Forest ham, and half a slice of pepper jack cheese. I also added onions and banana peppers because who doesn't like stinky breath first thing in the am??! The sandwich was, eh, okay. I will never have a craving for it like my favorite little Egg McMuffins, but I may try it again sometime when I'm traveling on the road. Subways website says this little sandwich only has 160 calories, 4 g fat, 18 g carb, 5 g fiber and 15 g protein. I feel like the calorie count might be a little low... but it's not too far off.



Lunch yesterday was one of my famous salads of randomness. Started with a bed of spinach and topped it with roasted veggies - eggplant, asparagus and sweet potatoes, beets, 9 grain medley, and goat cheese.


Then I added a veggie burger to the top and some roasted curried chickpeas for some crunch. I used up the last little bit of my Green Goddess dressing by mixing it with a little water, shaking the bottle well, and pouring the remains over my salad. Very yummy!


Afternoon snack was kombucha.


I don't know why this floaty stuff on the top freaks me out so much but I drink it anyway.


For dinner I headed to LAVO with some friends. It was good but wasn't amazing. I personally think Tao (same owners) has better food. However, if I were going to spend that type of money on dinner (ours was free), I would've gone to MESA grill or another spot. Here's a recap.
  • Cocktail: Saggio - Stoli Blueberry, fresh muddled sage, lemon juice, splash of soda
  • Appetizers: Garlic Bread with marinara, Caesar salad and Pizza (I only had salad)
  • Entrees: Chicken Marsala served over spinach, Penne Pasta served al dente with eggplant & marinara, Salmon, Fried Zucchini strips, Gratin Mashed Potatoes and French Fries. ( I tried everything except the salmon and the fries)
After dinner we went upstairs where we had bottle service. Getting crazy on a school night! It was a great evening though. And did I mention FREE! ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a really fun evening! I was at my heaviest throughout much of the 1990's so I missed a lot of those "fab" fashions!

    Thanks for the info on Food, Inc. I've never seen it.

    ReplyDelete

Followers