Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Side Tracked

You know how I know I'm getting old, LAVO, the club/restaurant is throwing a 90's themed party tonight and I'm going. To be honest, I've been spending more time today trying to come up with a 90's outfit than actually thinking up a quality blog post. You'd think that having spent my teenage years in the 90's coming up with an outfit would be an easy thing to do, but au contraire, my friend! All the outfits I can think of that scream 90's have all been removed from my closet over the past 10 years. I really can't fathom going out to buy a rayon dress with a vest and combat boots or some relaxed fit, high-waisted jeans and a flannel just for one random night at the club. Now if this were 80's theme, it would be a breeze! I have my perfect Madonna-esque outfit I keep prepared for any 80's occasion. I just didn't think people would start having 90's parties until I had children - also known as, "when hell freezes over." So wish me luck on finding the perfects 90's outfit and that my hair can still produce the perfect Rachel do!

 [source]

What were some of your favorite things from the 90's? Do you have certain outfits or items that just scream 90's? I remember having the big wedge penny loafers in the late 90's and spaghetti strap rayon dresses. And forest green jeans in the early 90's. And my promotion dress from 8th grade that had the big white poet-ruffle shirt and a forest green jumper dress that was very risque for my church. People commented to my mom that I was showing way too much leg! I wish I had some of those pictures scanned to show you. :-)

Now for yesterdays EATS!

Yesterday I finished off the last of the smoked salmon with a Laughing Cow wedge on a whole wheat English muffin. When I bought this huge fillet of smoked salmon from Costco I froze half of it, hence, why you've been seeing it so much lately. But you can finally say goodbye to it - at least for now. Bye Salmon!!


I had planned to run some errands during lunch so I brought this leftover curry I had frozen. I didn't realize I froze it without shrimp, so just potatoes, onions, carrots and yellow curry served over brown rice. 



Since I didn't run those "errands" on my lunch break, I decided mid afternoon my new errands should be...


Yummy! I did plain yogurt with strawberries, kiwis, and cheesecake bites. I also tried a dollop of coconut and a dollop of peach tart. Pistachio is by far my favorite flavor and I was totally bummed they didn't have it today. :-(

After work I snacked on a couple bites of this before beginning my P90X. That's right friends, I'm joining the big dogs doing the P90X routine. I did 60 minutes of arms and shoulders and the 20 minute Ab Ripper X video. Yeah, Ab Ripper kicked my butt!!


Dinner was simple. I'm made seared scallops, steamed asparagus, and a 9 grain medley from Trader Joe's that I mixed some frozen spinach into. I can't remember what all went into the 9 grain medley but it was something like cous cous, orzo, lentils, red quinoa and some other stuff. Everything got a healthy squirt of lemon juice and was delicious!


And later last night I finished off with these ice cream cookies from Trader Joe's. They look much bigger than they actually are. They're about the size of Oreo's just with mint chocolate chip ice cream in the middle. Yum!


Hope you all  have had a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Jenifer Aniston and the 90's: both always in style
    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVED Friends - I totally had the "Rachael" cut when I was like 14 years old or something haha !
    LOVE your eats - I LUV you for being real - OREO ICE CREAM rocks - and your scallops look yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Friends too, and like your previous commenter I had Rachel's haircut! Of course I weighed 300 pounds so it didn't quite have the same effect on me!

    Hope you have a great time at your party - show us pictures when you have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So funny to see the picture of Jennifer Aniston. I had this weird dream last night where I was at a party in a random basement with the cast of Friends. The funny thing is I think I've only seen one episode in my entire life. I never got the Rachel haircut. Once I got my haircut and I thought it looked like that and I SOBBED (literally) for two hours. Can we say "vain". Geesh! However I could TOTALLY get the Doc Martins and flannels. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, yes, the 90s totally make me think of slip dresses! And I also had one of those ruffly poet shirts!! Love it. Hope you have a good time! Take pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that yogurt looks awesome!it's a pity we don't have that here :S

    Ahaha, I've gotten rid of all my 90's stuff years ago, but I loved the funny music from the 90's and most movies I like are also from 90's :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers