Sunday, March 14, 2010

Breakfast is Calling!

I slept in today. I know I was suppose to get up early and drive 30 minutes to Lake Mead for a 8 mile run, but guess what? I was tired! I had a hard time sleeping last night so I decided to listen to my body and sleep instead. After my initial wake up call of 5:50am, I turned off the alarm and slept till 10:30! Love it! I thought I would have a piece of toast and head out on a run but my body was saying *breakfast* once again! So I put together this yummy concoction.


Hashbrowns (essential to me *liking* breakfast), one egg + 1 egg white, and a side of sauteed spinach & onions. Topped with siracha, of course!


I was originally going to make a fritata but then I decided I wanted my egg over-easy, another new thing for me as I use to hate yolk! Since I had already sauteed the spinach and onion I decided to have it on the side. Who says you can't have a side of veggies for breakfast?! I LOVE spinach! Always have! In 3rd grade when everyone else would stand up and say their favorite food was spaghetti or pizza, I was the odd ball that LOVED spinach!

Since breakfast I have been playing around on my laptop letting my food digest. I'm about to head out for my run soon. My To Do list is rather short today, or basically no existent, and it feels great!

To Do
  1. Sleep in, be lazy.
  2. Go for long run, enjoy the beautiful weather.
  3. Possibly unpack my suitcase from last weeks trip and do a load of laundry.
  4. Book club, even though I haven't read the book! Who can say no to some girl chat, wine and snacks. :-)
Hope everyone enjoys a lazy Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers