Friday, March 26, 2010

Frazzled Mind & Soul

In my very first blog post, I talked need for a healthy mind, healthy body, healthy soul. As much good food and exercise you put into your body, without a healthy mind and soul, you ain't got jack. Stress can have a significant effect on your health and has been know to cause anything from backaches, insomnia, to heart problems. This month as much as I have tried to avoid stress in my life, my roommate, very soon to be former roommate, has set off time bomb after time bomb. Without going into specifics, lets just say I'm grateful for my true friends and outlets I have such as running.

 Now for some food!

I have been having a Chipotle craving for 2 weeks. Finally had to give in. ;-)
 

Of course I had to get chips too....


That sad apple in the background has been my snack on my desk all week that I haven't been hungry for! I'm sure having 700 calorie lunches has nothing to do with not wanting a snack.... 

I always get rice but I never eat it. I just like it being there for some reason. I know, I know, some kid in Africa is starving because of me. 
I went to spinning after work and I was still stuffed! It was tough keeping all that Chipotle down! This was my first time in a spin class and I only went because I have blisters the size of Texas on my feet and can't run. It was okay. I might check it out again.

I also gave in to the no groceries till Saturday. After Chipotle all I wanted was veggies for dinner! So I chopped up some brussel sprouts, carrots, onions and sweet potatoes and put them in the oven. 


While those were baking I made myself and arugula, beet and smoked salmon salad.  This was super yummy and I made the yogurt dijon dill dressing on the side. 


Then I had some veggies! The dressing/dip was so good, I made a little more to put on the side.

 And then I had my new love, banana soft serve. I need to get some appropriate size bowls for this. :-)


Breakfast this am was 1/2 plain yogurt with flax seed and toast with almond butter.

Lunch today was a repeat of last nights salad but this time I added tomatoes and cucumbers.

This dressing is great! I think I used about 1/4 cup greek yogurt, big teaspoon of whole grain dijion, bunch of dill and several dashes of rice wine vinegar to get it to the right consistency. 


 Then I had 1/2 cottage cheese with cumin. 


And I had some Wisecrackers with laughing cow and kombucha for a snack. 
That's all I got for now! I'll update again Monday since I have no internet at home no thanks to my soon to be former roommate. Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the extra stress in your life. I know stress is one of my biggest enemies.

    I have to have Chipotle every once in a while too. Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to try to make your yogurt dijon dill dressing at home :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers