Thursday, March 18, 2010

Epic Fail!

Last night I was so proud of myself for getting out on a run before my big night on the town! Sadly, the big night out never happened. After I returned from my 4 mile run I slipped my house key off my shoelace and into the front doo.... Doooooooooope! It was my office key! I was locked out! I walked around hoping there was a window open or the back door had accidentally been left unlocked, but no luck. My house was more secure then Ft. Knox.

I have been meaning [for the past 8 months] to get to know my neighbors, now I had the perfect excuse. I knocked on the door and before I knew it my sweaty, smelly self was graciously invited in and getting all cozy in their home. I had to get very inventive to figure out how to get in the house because there were only 2 people who had spare keys, my roommate and a friend who had stayed with me a few weeks back. My neighbors kindly opened up their internet and Blackberrys, not to mention feed me water and wine. I called LA to get numbers in Richmond to get numbers of people in Las Vegas, Facebooked and Gmailed. After 40 minutes I finally got a promising lead! That lead just happened to take another 2 hours to actually deliver the key to my home and shower. I was grateful nonetheless!

Since I was suppose to meet my friends at 6pm and it was now 9pm [sans shower] and had been informed there was already a line a mile long and a $25 cover, I sadly called off my evening plans of St. Paddy's Day debauchery. I showered and comforted myself with red wine instead of green beer.

After following up with missed texts and voicemails, I finally made some dinner at 10pm! Having forgone the Sheppard's Pie and Corn beef and Cabbage I had originally hoped for I roasted up some veggies instead.

I was actually going to make some Irish Nacho's (RVA knows what I'm talking about!) but sadly I lacked the ingredients. This was a mix of onion, sweet potato, russet potato, broccoli, and asparagus.


Also baked up the rest of the tofu. I'm surprised by how much I liked the tofu! I've never disliked it, I just never knew it could be so good! I'll have too look around for more recipes. Best part about tofu: One package, 3 meals, $1.69!! Followed up my healthy meal with more red wine and Lindt's Chili Dark Chocolate.


This morning back in the office I had cardamom tea, soymilk and local honey (be gone allergies!). And... wait for it... plain yogurt, blueberries and flax seed!


I told you my breakfast doesn't change too much. Today was actually one of those days I wanted lunch for breakfast. Unfortunately the only thing available was microwave popcorn or my yogurt. Below breakfast you'll see my final four bracket. Just like last year, I missed the cutoff by 20 minutes so me and my unofficial bracket will be playing against myself. I'm leaving work in about 30 minutes and headed out to the 78 and sunny weather! Be jealous!

Want Free Stuff?? Check out these other great blogs for free giveaways!


Anne @ fANNEtastic food is giving away a great food scale!

Our Private Kitchen is giving away Le Creuset baking dishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers