Monday, March 1, 2010

Finally getting started...

So with months of procrastination, I can gladly report I'm officially getting my blog up and running! You have no idea the amounts of pictures I have taken of my food over the last 3 months with great intent of starting my blog each and every day. So here it goes!

I actually have a pretty "easy" week going here! No crazy schedules, just a simple 40 hours in the office with normal start and ending times. Can't think of a better time to get my blog rolling. This morning I slept in! It. was. amazing! I have been having a difficult time sleeping the past couple of weeks and always seem to wake up bright and early to the sun, so I was thoroughly surprised when I awoke today and it was 9am! Although I was 2 hours late for work, I was so excited about my 10 whole hours of sleep, I didn't even care that I'd be stuck in the office till 6pm. I'm leaving out of town on Saturday so I have done minimal grocery shopping the past couple days. For breakfast I had some Cardamom tea, a plain non-fat yogurt, and a banana that had been in my purse a day past it's due date.I much prefer bananas when they are slightly green, but I really hate wasting food.
 

I usually like honey and soy milk in my tea. I even went to Whole Foods last night and got some local honey n hope of helping my allergies, however, I left both at home. I also didn't realize I was out of granola so I had my yogurt plain today.
When my late lunch rolled around (due to my late sleeping in), I figured I'd make it a productive lunch. I went by the post office and finally, FINALLY mailed my Christmas cards & gifts! Just a little behind I'd say. Then I ran home to quickly make a sandwich. And headed back to the office to eat! This was the final result!

 

It was yum-tastic! Two slices of 7 grain light bread, 1 Laughing Cow wedge, 2 oz sliced turkey, spinach, banana peppers, balsamic soaked red onion, and one 100 calorie package of Wholly Guacamole. If you've never tried Wholly Guacamole, I highly recommend it! Avocado makes a great substitution to mayo or other dressings. Not only are avocados delicious and flavorful, they're packed with vitamins and minerals and even have more potassium then bananas! Avocados are high in fat so remember to eat this food in moderation. That's why I love these 100 calorie packs! This entire yummy sandwich was only around 300 calories, super filling, and super delicious!

I also had a Coke Zero. I try not to drink soda or artificial sugars, but they easily sneak into your diet. I need to make a conscious decision to replace them with tea. But sometimes ya just need a diet soda!

For a snack I grabbed the last little bit of roasted red pepper hummus I had left, about 2oz. I added 1oz light feta cheese, and grabbed some carrots, cucumber slices, and a tomato.

 

I love how full veggies make you feel! And they are low in calories too! That's all I have for now. Let's see if I can keep this blog rolling this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers