Saturday, March 13, 2010

Flight Dealy

Yesterday ended up being an extremely long day. It was going to be long day either way, but adding a 3 hour flight delay just made it that much longer! Lunch yesterday I grabbed a roast beef & provolone 6"sub with horsey sauce and LTO (lettuce, tomato, onion). It was really tasty, and HUGE! I ended up taking off the top piece of bread and eating it open faced.


I grabbed some dinner at the STL airport knowing otherwise I'd be starving by the time I got to SLC. I really wanted a big salad, but of course, they were sold out. I ended up getting the turkey, brie, apple and chutney sandwich even though I had more than my fair share of white bread for the day.



The sandwich came "toasted" but unfortunately the middle was cold and the cheese not melted. And too much bread! I took off the top of the bread and ate this sandwich open faced as well. Also had 2 of these small navel oranges I got from the hotel earlier.


When I got to SLC, I found out my flight was 3 hours delayed! I quickly hit up a bar for a glass of wine only to be told after I was served they were closing. I had my one glass then headed back to the terminal where luckily they had free wi-fi and had a little snack of these raw almonds.


After being up for nearly 22 hours, traveling for 12 of those hours, I finally made it home into bed! Glorious feeling! Actually woke up at somewhat of a decent hour and had a craving for *breakfast food*! I nearly never crave breakfast food so I went to the grocery store for some veggies and eggs. I made a scrambler with spinach, tomato, onion and topped with feta.


I think want I really wanted more than eggs were the hashbrowns. I LOVE potatoes! I topped them with siracha! Delish!

I had planned on going on a long run this afternoon since my half marathon is 3 weeks from today (wow!), but then I found out there will be an 8 mile run on the trail tomorrow down near Lake Mead. So taking the afternoon off from running and headed up to Red Rock for a little bit of hiking instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers